May the spirit of Thanksgiving open your heart to share with others. We who have “enough” and even more than “enough” sometimes need to be reminded that there are those right in our own community who do NOT have enough. Fixed incomes, low incomes, unemployed, large families, illnesses, all may cause food emergencies. Please bring your donations of non-perishable foods and share in giving hope and nourishment to those who have little.
Help is needed to achieve our goal in providing food baskets for about 30 families in need this Thanksgiving.
- Donate Food: collection boxes and baskets will be in the Fairmount Hallway starting Sunday, November 4th for canned fruits and vegetables, cranberry sauce, gravy, soup, pie filling, peanut butter, tuna, spaghetti sauce, boxes of cereal, instant mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn bread, pasta, rice, Jell-O, pudding, cake mix, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, Bisquick, sugar and flour.
- Donate Money: to purchase turkeys and fresh produce. Make your checks payable to FBC with the memo, “Thanksgiving Food Drive”, no later than November 18th.
- Volunteer: help pack baskets on Monday, November 19th from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm in Spahr Center. Sign up to volunteer on the chart in the Spahr Center.
- Contact: Star at email@example.com or call the church office at 216-932-7480 if you are eligible for discounts on turkeys or produce.
- Pray: For the families that will receive our baskets and for people in need of food around the world.
Contact Nancy Wheaton or Fran Leanza with questions through the form below –