WOULD YOU LIKE TO
• spread the work of ministry beyond the “faithful few’’?
• nurture and empower individuals for leadership?
• enable persons to name, claim, and use their spiritual gifts?
• match church members with ministries that fit their gifts?
• help persons to discover God’s direction for their lives?
• increase the enthusiasm and joy of church members?
If these items interest you our Spiritual Gifts classes starting in 2020 are tailored especially for you. $10 per participant covers books and food.
The schedule is as follows:
Saturday, 1/25/20, 9 AM – 4 PM Spiritual Gifts Workshop for FBC Leadership
(to be directed at leaders only;
signup deadline 12/15/19)
Celebrating Lent, Maundy Thursday, and Pentecost through Spiritual Gifts
(church-wide invitation; signup deadline 2/10/20)
Wednesdays 2/26, 3/4, 3/11, 3/18, 3/25, 4/1, 4/8, 7p-8p
Maundy Thursday, 4/9, 7p-8p
Internship 4/19/20-5/31/20 “My Gift(s) and
FBC Mission and Vision”
Sundays 4/19, 4/26, 5/3, 5/17, 5/31
(DAY OF PENTECOST AND COMMISSIONING ON 5/31)
BREAK 5/10 for Mother’s Day and 5/25
for Memorial Day Weekend
SpiritGifts is an exciting, community-building experience of discovery and growth that will empower and equip Christians for service and leadership in the local church and beyond. In addition to providing a biblical foundation for understanding spiritual gifts and the importance of every individual’s gifts as a member of the Body of Christ. This program will help persons discover God’s will and direction for their lives as they name, claim and apply their own spiritual gifts. As individuals become actively involved in serving according to their gifts, you will see the work and ministry of the entire congregation grow!
Leader’s Resources include:
• Tips for Leaders
• Bible studies
• Overheads & charts
• Letter to participants
• Spiritual gifts survey
• Teaching/presentation pages
• Reproductions of all partcipant worksheets
• Theme song & other suggested songs
• Biblical & contemporary examples of the gifts
• Covenant & renewal service
• Step-by-step program guides
• Certificate of completion
• and more
Also available: SpiritGifts Participant’s Workbook PATRICIA D. BROWN conducts spiritual nurture and evangelism workshops and is a popular speaker at Icher. As a United Methodist pastor, she has served six churches and has worked as a hospital chaplain She is the author of 365 Affirmations for Hopeful Living, Learning to Lead from Your Spirits Center, and a contributor to 365 Meditations for Mothers of Young Children.