For many years the Mission & Social Concerns Cluster has been sponsoring a Thanksgiving food drive and assembling baskets of food for area families in need. The project continues but with a plan that needs to accommodate the continuing impact of COVID 19…
- The need in our community has increased
- We want to increase the number of families we serve. Last year we served 75 families!
- We again will purchase the needed items that were once typically donated
- Chef Faith will be able to order the needed produce at a discounted price
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Financial support: Your donations of any amount are sorely needed. This is now the most significant way you can help. Donate online by selecting “Other church payments” under the Mission Gifts tab or by check with “Thanksgiving” on the memo line. We do NOT want you to donate any food items. Again this year, our co-chairs are Bear Allen and Carol Broadbent; they and their committee will take care of the shopping!
- Volunteer: Are you available to help?
Sunday, Nov. 21st @ 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Pack canned/ packaged foods and produce – 30 volunteers needed. All ages are welcome and families are encouraged to participate.
Monday Nov. 22 @ 3:30 p.m.- 5:30 p.m.
Eight volunteers are needed outside at the Portico entrance to greet recipients and load food in trunks. We are looking for volunteers from ages 11 and up that are physically able to do some lifting. Volunteers will need to follow COVID 19 guidelines by wearing a mask.
**Contact Star in the church office at 216-932-7480/sknuckles@ firstbaptistcleveland.org to sign up for any of the above group time slots.
If you are a member of the FBC congregation and are in need of Thanksgiving food assistance give your name to Rev. Burris or Rev. Alexander-Haynes or email email@example.com. May your giving to others this Thanksgiving bring you extra blessings as you gather around your table.