Coming to an unfamiliar church for the first can be intimidating for anyone – but we want you to relax and be comfortable! Here’s some of the things you can expect when you attend for the first time:
- Someone will greet you at the welcome counter when you first come in the Portico entrance from the parking lot. They can help you find your way, point you to coffee, the sanctuary, nursery or restrooms.
- The nursery and children’s programs are located in a secured (locked) environment on your left as you come in the building. On your first visit, you will need to ask to be let in – regular attenders have a key fob which unlocks the doors. Children in the contemporary service are dismissed from within the service before the sermon. Children in the traditional service can either go right into the children’s program before the service begins, or will be dismissed very early in the service.
- Our nursery is staffed by paid caregivers, who have been trained in first aid and child CPR. If you’d like, you can take a silent pager into the service in case we need to contact you.
- Dress for the contemporary service is casual. You’re even welcome to bring a cup of coffee into the sanctuary with you. Dress for the traditional service is a little more formal, but don’t let that intimidate you! In the summertime, everyone dresses more casually.
- There’s no bulletin for the contemporary service, and song lyrics are projected on the screen. The worship music – much of it current Christian songs you’ll hear on the radio – is led by a full band and praise team.
- We’d love to get to know you, but we won’t ask you to stand and introduce yourself, wear a special name tag, or do anything to embarrass you – you’re safe here!
- There is a full bulletin for the traditional service, which features a choir, led by organ and piano. It is a quieter, more formal service, with lots of classical music.
- Discipleship classes for adults are available during both services. Youth classes and the Elevate children’s ministry begin at 10:30.
Here’s our Sunday morning schedule:
9 am: Contemporary worship and adult discipleship classes; children dismissed for activities during sermon time
10 am: Coffee hour
10:30 am: Traditional worship service; discipleship classes for youth and adults; Elevate children’s ministry
11:30 am: Coffee hour