Help is needed to achieve our goal in providing food baskets for about 30 families in need this Thanksgiving.
- Donate Food: collection boxes and baskets will be in the Fairmount Hallway starting Sunday, October 29 for canned fruits and vegetables, cranberry sauce, gravy, soup, pie filling, peanut butter, tuna, spaghetti sauce, boxes of cereal, instant mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn bread, pasta, rice, Jell-O, pudding, cake mix, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, Bisquick, sugar and flour.
- Donate Money: to purchase turkeys and fresh produce. Make your checks payable to FBC with the memo, “Thanksgiving Food Drive”, no later than November 15.
- Volunteer: help shop for the turkeys and fresh produce; potatoes, onions, carrots, celery, apples & oranges for each basket. Help sort food and pack baskets on Monday, November 20 starting at 10:00 am in Spahr Center.
- Contact: Star Knuckles at email@example.com or call the church office at 216-932-7480 if you are aware of a family in need of a food basket and/or if you are eligible for discounts on turkeys or produce.
- Pray: Thank you Lord for providing for our needs and especially for the great abundance of food with which you have blessed us. Open our hearts to participate in this food drive and to share with others that are struggling to provide basic needs for their families.
Contact Joan Mihelich for questions or to volunteer using the following form –
In this outreach program, you are asked to think “inside the box” through simple shoe boxes packed with gifts, necessities, toys, hard candy, hand-written notes and pictures that connect you with a child. Your gifts may be the very first present a child has ever received. Operation Christmas Child is the world’s largest children’s Christmas project, having hand delivered 100 million boxes to children in more than 122 countries.
Operation Christmas Child is one of the many ministries of Samaritan’s Purse, an International Christian Relief organization. www.samartianspurse.org. The shoe boxes open doors for presenting the Good News of Jesus Christ…from a box to a Bible. Each child receives a booklet in their native language with the message that they are not forgotten; God loves them!
FBC filled 61 boxes from September through October to be delivered to the North Carolina Processing Center. Thanks to all who participated. If you still want to be involved, you can donate the shipping fee of $9.00. Checks are made payable to Samaritan’s Purse with the memo being OCC. They can be mailed to: Samaritan’s Purse, PO Box 3000, Boone, NC 28607. For more information contact Anita Bartel through the form below.
BAM SALE IS COMING!! (Basement, Attic & More)
We are going to have our annual BAM Sale this year in May, watch here for the date!
We will have a SPECIAL SALE this year unlike the previous years…
This year, instead of having items dropped off or picked-up from our FBC family, friends and neighbors, we will be offering a sale of items from a prominent hotel.
Items being offered for sale will be:
- Refrigerators (smaller than normal size but they have freezers and ice makers)
- Above the stove Microwaves
- Sofa and/or Sofa beds
- 3 Drawer Dressers
- Lamps (table and floor)
- Stools (used in place of the coffee tables)
Each year we participate in the Run/Walk for Hunger which is the Hunger Network of Greater Cleveland’s signature event taking place each May to raise funds and awareness to fight local hunger in Greater Cleveland.
2017 will mark the 29th Annual Run/Walk for Hunger, and we hope you will join us as we get fit to fight hunger!
WHAT? The Run/Walk for Hunger is a 5K run or walk through Downtown beginning and ending at Great Lakes Science with music, refreshments and entertainment for the entire family. The Hunger Network has partnered with Hermes Cleveland to create a professional run experience for participants that will include shutting down the streets of Downtown Cleveland for a scenic route that all runners and walkers will enjoy.
WHEN? The Run/Walk for Hunger will take place on Saturday, May, 13, 2017 at the Great Lakes Science Center. Late Registration opens at 8:15 a.m. Our Run/Walk for Hunger Kick-Off Celebration hosted by Cleveland 19 News begins at 9:00 AM with breakfast, entertainment and more!
WHY RUN/WALK? The Hunger Network distributes over 75% of the emergency food in Greater Cleveland. Over 60,000 people receive emergency food at one of the Network’s hunger centers and hot meal sites each month and 41% of those served are children. Every $1 raised at the Run/Walk for Hunger can be leveraged to provide 4 nutritious meals to feed those in need!
OUR PARTICIPANTS Over 2,000 individual walkers and teams of 10 or more participate each year to help raise money in an effort to stomp out hunger right here in Greater Cleveland. Walkers who raise $30 or more earn an official Run/Walk for Hunger T-Shirt. Prizes will be awarded to top fundraiser teams, individuals and fastest runners.
PARTICIPATE! To participate in the 29th Annual Run/Walk for Hunger, volunteer, walk or run on our team contact Karen Gill through the form below.
The mission of the Hunger Network of Greater Cleveland is to reduce hunger by providing food and linkages to other vital services for hungry people, especially children and families, and by actively participating in a coordinated community response to people in need.
Assist in the East Side Ministry program for Adults with Developmental Disabilities
This group meets at FBC each Sunday from September – May. You can volunteer in the Sunday morning classroom where students participate in lessons that include stories, music and crafts.